Anandi’s ‘recovery green power juice’
In today’s stressful world, everyone needs energy, stamina and power to make it through the day, especially if you have had a bad nights natural sleep. To get the power you need, you will get a real boost with this juice. Personally, I have this every single morning, and as I drink it, I can feel my body saying, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!….Its such an incredible boost if you are feeling groggy and will certainly get you off to a flying start when perhaps without it you could be in danger of being a non starter!!!!
You will need a good juicer to start with, not one of those £29.99 ones where chopping vegetables to fit in the juicer takes you half an hour..no, you need a dam good industrial juicer (prices are about £150 upwards). In the long run, it will save you money and time as those cheaper ones give you very little juice from your fruits and veggies!
So here is the recipe!
- a handful of spinach
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 apple
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 fennel
- 1 celery stick
- 1/2 avocado
- a generous drop of Udos oil
- 1 teaspoon of wheatgrass powder
- a few ice cubes
Wash everything well, organic is always best, if you can’t get organic, wash well with something like grapeseed extract (that will give it a good clean) and juice everything except the avocado. Poor the juice into a good blender with the avocado, Udos oil, ice and the wheatgrass – voila!!!
Here is what all this is doing for you:
- Spinach: Popeye’s super food! Its nutrient packed including more usable protein gram for gram than sirloin steak, more calcium than any dairy product and lots of vitamin B.
- Apple: Pectin the cholesterol army, flavonoid called phloridzin and a magical antioxidant called antimutagenic
- Cucumber: great source of potassium, antioxidants including vitamin C, vitamin K!
- Carrots: Massive concentration of the plant source of Vitamin A – carotene,
- Fennel: powerful anti-inflammatory properties, great for digestion, phyto-oestrogens (great for those arriving at the menopause)
- Celery: Contains a powerful compound called 3-N-butylphthalide, a natural pain killer and a marvelous stimulant for the lymphatic system
- Avocado: Super rich in vitamin E which protects against blood clotting , not to mention how wonderful it is for the skin!!!
- Udos Oil: best quality blend of omega 3,6,9 and a variety of essential fatty acids for stamina, immune system, mood and energy lifter – an endless list!
- Wheatgrass powder: increases blood cell count, lowers blood pressure, stimulates metabolism, detoxifier, contains enzymes and amino acids – and more!
If you add a morning practise of meditation, pranayama and yoga you will go forth into your day nourished, stretched with your creative channels open and a calm mind! A superb natural sleeping remedy too!