Lavendar bedtime ritual
When natural sleep becomes elusive, and we just can’t drop off, this is often a message that something needs to change. We often get into the habit of running all day, and that seems to continue into the evening until we switch off the computer and drag ourselves to bed…..your body and mind will soon start to rebel and keep you up all night until you decide to make some changes!
One of the most important aspects of getting a good nights sleep is lifestyle. Try this bedtime ritual for 7 days bearing in mind that curing sleep issues is a holistic matter, so if you are drinking coffee at 6pm with a sugar filled snack, you can expect it not to work!!!! For an excellent natural sleeping remedy try zero stimulants throughout the day, cut sugar right down, and eat light in the evening.
For this natural sleep remedy you will need:
- A light coloured pashmina or shawl for meditation, wrapping yourself in a light colour will soothe your soul!
- Essential oil of Lavendar – Good quality please otherwise the properties are lost.
- Chamomile Tea
- A prepared space for your meditation. (You will need to be able to sit with your spine straight. Your space must be uncluttered, clean and aired)
- A timer – try the Insight Timer application on your iPhone. Its perfect for meditation, I use it all the time!
- The free download on this website
1. Switch off your computer at 6pm.
2. Eat a light supper, no later than 7pm.
3. Drink a cup of Chamomile tea.
4. Run a hot bath at 9pm with a few drops of Lavender.
5. Prepare your bed, make sure your bed is comfortable, fresh sheets are always a lovely treat and drop a few drops of Lavendar on your pillow.
6. Light candles in the bathroom and turn off the lights.
7. Prepare your meditation space with candles and no other light.
8. Slide into your lovely hot bath and take long deep breaths….breath out the day, breath in the fresh new possibility of tomorrow. Try to stay in the bath for about 15 minutes.
9. Get dressed in some loose clothing and sit in your meditation space.
10. Wrap yourself in your shawl/pashmina.
10. Pop some drops of Lavender on a tissue and put that somewhere on your pashmina so you can smell the lavendar.
11. Set your timer for 20-30 minutes and do the breath meditation from the free download on this website.
12. Blow the candles out, and slide into bed.