Top Recovery tips from a sleepless night
Bad night? So what of the next day? Whatever happens you will be tired in the morning and will need to take steps to get through the day. With less than 4 hours sleep, you will be very, very tired, so follow these recovery tips, they will transform you day:
1. If possible cancel everything that is not necessary (lunch meetings with friends, coffee meetings and whatever you have in the evening).
2. Eye drops are useful as your eyes will feel dry and will probably be bloodshot. Not the whitening type, you want the moisturizing ones.
3. Try to be very conscious of your breath throughout the day. Make a conscious effort to breath deeply all day. If possible go somewhere where you can be quiet at least 4 times during the day for 10 minutes, close your eyes and breath deeply into your stomach and as you breath out just feel like you are letting everything go. The breath is very, very regenerative and will help you get through the day.
4. Positive affirmations are a great energy booster. Instead of thinking about how tired you are, if you notice yourself doing that, stop right there take a deep breath and say to yourself I feel great and smile! Say it like you really do feel great, not one of those false smiles, that will make you feel worse. If you smile, you will automatically without question feel better. It’s impossible to feel miserable and smile at the same time – try it
5. When you get home set your phone alarm for 40 minutes, lay on your bed and do deep breathing for 20 minutes, then bumble bee breath for 21 breaths. After that, just lay on your back and breathe deeply until the alarm goes off.
6. Eat something very light and don’t drink alcohol.
7. Pamper yourself…body scrub, candles, incense and soft music, try to avoid turning on the TV.
8. Don’t be tempted to go to bed too early, go to bed at your normal time.
Love and blessings to you … remember, I have been there so I know how dreadful and debilitating no sleep can be. Hang in there … I promise you will not need to turn to sleeping pills.